Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Ivy is 3 (video fixed and transcript added)

We celebrated Ivy's third birthday today;
Birthday movie?  I'm so glad you asked (up for a limited time):

 
Transcript:
It made a wonderful path.
"Thank you!" said the dog.
The wind started to blow (woo), but George didn't mind.
He hopped on, singing to himself,
"My tie is a scarf for a cold giraffe,
My shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,
My shoe is a house for a little white mouse,
One of my socks is a bed for a fox,
My belt helped a dog who was crossing a bog,
But my trousers are falling down!
I'm the coldest giant in town!"
Suddenly George felt sad and shivery (shiver) and not at all smart.
He stood on one foot and thought. "I'll have to go back to the shop and buy some more clothes," he decided.
He turned and hopped all the way back to the shop.
But when he got there, it was CLOSED!
"Oh, no!" cried George.  He sank down onto the doorstep and a tear ran down his nose.
He felt as sad as all of the animals he had met on his way home.
Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw a bag with something familiar poking out of the top.  George took a closer look...
"My gown!!" he yelled.  "My dear old gown adn sandals!"
George put them on.  They felt wonderfully comfortable.
"I'm the [cosiest] giant in town!" he cried, and he danced back home along the road.
Outside his front door stood all the animal he had helped.
They were carrying an enormous present.
"Come on, George," they said.  "Open it!"
George untied the ribbon.  Inside was a beautiful gold paper crown and a card.
"Look inside the card, George!" said the animals.
George put the crown on his head and opened the card.
Inside, it said,
Your tie is a scarf for a cold giraffe,
Your shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat.
Your shoe is a house for a little white mouse.
One of your socks is a bed for a fox.
Your belt helped a dog, who was crossing a bog.
So here is a very fine crown, 
to go with the sandals and gown of the kindest giant in town.

Related Posts with Thumbnails